This website does not collect any personal information.
Any information provided by email to purchase a product is solely used for that purpose and is not disclosed to any third party. Credit card details are only retained as required by the processing company ie Paypal, to demonstrate approval for the transaction provided by clients.
Terms and Conditions
1. My terms and conditions are set out below. I, Helen L Robertson, value providing a personal service and understand what an important purchase your painting will be. If you have any queries about purchasing an original or are unsure how the terms and conditions may apply to your order, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Original Painting Specifications
2. All dimensions shown on this site are in centimetres.
3. All originals are in a lime waxed wooden frame with a gold or slip or wooden slip. The dimensions of the originals vary and are shown where the original is available to purchase.
4. Artwork by Helen L Robertson is available to purchase from her studio, on-line, by telephone or from any of her exhibitions. Products available are the original pastels (framed) The can be bought ingrained too.
5. Delivery costs are priced individually, depending on the size, weight and where the painting is being sent to.
6. Delivery is usually by courier Fed ex or DHL and your order is usually despatched within 3- 4 working days. Please note originals may take longer to despatch if they are part of an exhibition, but you will be informed if this is the case.
Commissioning an artwork
7. Commissioned work can be commissioned by e-mail or over the telephone.
8. On receipt of a commission Helen L Robertson will provide you with a specification, an approximate timescale for delivery and a price, which will include a price for delivery. Please note that our artworks must be paid for in £(GBP) therefore the price for a commission may change due to fluctuations in exchange rates if you are completing the transaction in another currency.
9. A deposit of 20 % of the final price is required for all commissions which is non-refundable. Work is not started on any artwork before a deposit is received. On paying your deposit you are entering into a contract with Helen L Robertson for the provision of an artwork, agreeing to the specification provided by Helen L Robertson, and to pay the total price quoted at a date to be agreed. You are also agreeing to these terms and conditions.
10. Once a deposit is received, a charge may be applicable to change the specification of your artwork. While Helen L Robertson will always try and incorporate changes required by the customer, they may not always be possible once work on a piece has started.
Paying for your commissioned artwork
11. On completion of your artwork, you will be sent an invoice for the outstanding balance by e-mail which must be paid in £(GBP) within 5 working days.
12. On receipt of your final payment Helen L Robertson will make arrangements for the delivery of your artwork.
Returns and cancellations - commissioned items
13. Under your contract with Helen L Robertson the supply of goods (your artwork) is made specifically to meet your specifications and therefore your order cannot be cancelled after a deposit has been paid and a contract entered into.
14. In the highly unlikely event your commission does not match your specification or you believe there may be issues with the quality of the product, Helen L Robertson will endeavour to resolve the situation to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. Please contact her to explain your specific queries and agree a course of action.
Returns and cancellations - non-commissioned items
15. If you wish to return any non-commissioned items purchased from Helen L Robertson they must be returned within 7 days of receipt for a refund. Items must be in their original state.
16. You are responsible for ensuring the item is returned to Helen L Robertson in it's original state and without any damage. Delivery charges are not refunded.
17. Helen L Robertson will refund the cost of the item in full, however, please note that if you paid for the item using PayPal, PayPal may charge you for return of funds and any charge incurred is not covered by Helen L Robertson.
18. In the unlikely event there is an issue with the quality of the product or it is not the product ordered, Helen L Robertson will endeavour to resolve the situation to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. Please contact her to explain your specific queries and agree a course of action.